For the launch of its highly- anticipated series, The Magicians, Syfy partnered with Mirrored Media to launch a buzz worthy promotional campaign. Syfy needed to create a promotional campaign that would cut through the entertainment clutter and reach the show’s target audience – Millennials.
To reach millennials, the campaign hit on key millennial passion points like music, social experiences, and events and partnered with Warner Bros. Records and Fullscreen to embark on a five market college tour to promote The Magicians. Each tour stop was hosted by a different popular social media personality and featured an advance screening of the first episode, a live acoustic performance by millennial musician Bebe Rexha, cast appearances, branded concessions and shareable social activations.
Mirrored Media partnered with millennial musician, Bebe Rexha to reach true music fans and generate buzz surrounding The Magicians. Bebe is a songwriter and singer who penned what would become Eminem’s global hit song “The Monster” and currently her duet with G-Easy, “Me, Myself & I” is #1 on Billboard hip hop. The partnership married the two brands together by debuting Bebe’s new, never before heard single “No Broken Hearts” in a Magicians trailer. The trailer ran on-air, on Syfy.com and was posted on Syfy social handles garnering over 750K views on YouTube alone.
– The Magicians Premiere Night garnered the largest % of P18-34 than any premiere on Syfy in 3 years, with 55% of them being new Syfy viewers
– The Magicians Premiere Night brought in a higher % of P18-34 than the average of all Syfy originals since 2008, with 55% of them being new Syfy viewers
– P18-34 continued to climb the second week
– Fans joined in on the conversation with #TheMagicians generating over 84.4MM impressions over the course of the campaign (1/4/15 – 1/23/15) with chatter spiking by an average of 600% on the days of the tour events.
– 2,386 consumers attended the five events
– TheMagiciansSyfy Snapchat handle followers grew by 10 times through the duration of the tour and The Magicians Snaps made it into several local campus and city stories on Snapchat
– With the help of Bebe Rexha and the five social media influencers driving people to watch the pre-linear episode, The Magicians Episode 101 was sampled more than 6.7MM times across Syfy owned and operated platforms and partner sites between 1/8/16 – 1/25/16.