MIRRORED MEDIA HONORED WITH 2016 SUMMIT INTERNATIONAL CREATIVE AWARD
Out of more than 5,000 submissions from 21 countries, Mirrored Media was named a winner during the 2016 Summit Creative Awards for their expertise in engagement and experiential marketing for one of their latest campaigns, The Magicians Premiere tour with Syfy.
Mirrored Media was tapped to promote Syfy’s upcoming original series, The Magicians. Syfy needed to create a promotional campaign that would cut through the entertainment clutter and reach the show’s target audience – Millennials.
Mirrored Media hit on key millennial passion points like music, social experiences, and events by partnering with Syfy, Warner Bros. Records and Fullscreen to embark on a five market college tour to promote The Magicians. Each tour stop was hosted by a different popular social media personality and featured an advance screening of the first episode, a live acoustic performance by millennial musician Bebe Rexha, cast appearances, branded concessions and shareable social activations.
By partnering with Bebe Rexha, the campaign was able to reach authentic music fans. The partnership married the two brands together by debuting Bebe’s new, never before heard single “No Broken Hearts” in a Magicians trailer. Bebe promoted the tour prior to and during on all of her social platforms, including behind the scenes footage, and shared The Magicians trailer. Bebe Rexha ended the night with performances of her biggest hits, which resulted in attendees chronicling the tour and sharing their experiences to social media platforms.
Mirrored Media also got social with millennials by tapping into social media influencers. Five different personalities shared custom created content across their social platforms to promote The Magicians. Each influencer hosted a different stop, introducing The Magicians episode and Bebe, and used Snapchat to feature footage from the event; encouraging fans that weren’t able to attend to watch the pre-linear episode before the premiere.
In addition to Bebe Rexha and influencers promoting the tour, Mirrored Media and Syfy teamed up with NBC affiliate networks, local press and promoters in each market as well as college groups to drive attendees to each tour stop.
The Summit Creative Award (SCA) recognizes and celebrates the creative achievements of small and medium sized advertising agencies worldwide with annual billings under $30 million.
Celebrating its 22nd year, the SCA has firmly established itself as the premier arbiter of creative excellence for firms of this size and has become a coveted honor.
This year’s panel of international judges included:
- David O’Connell, Founder, principal creative director, BANG! creative communications – Canada
- David Bieloh, Assistant Professor of Graphic Design, Central Washington University – USA
- Gautam Nath, Vice-President, Balmoral Marketing – Canada
- Gavin Barrett, Chief Creative Officer, Barrett and Welsh – Canada
- James Scully, Operations Director, Nevado Limited – England
- Jeff Fisher, Engineer of Creative Identity, Jeff Fisher LogoMotives – United States
- Lester Traband, Senior Applications Developer, ANNODYNE – USA
- Louai Alasfahani, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Paragon Marketing Communications – Sultanate of Oman
- Meng-Chih Chiang, Creative Director, HUSH – USA
- Morgan Young, Principal, Young Ideas, LLC – USA
- Olga Weiss, Chief Creative Office, IDM – USA
- Reid Carr, President & CEO, Red Door Interactive – USA
- Richard Taylor, Founder & COO, Politik Media Inc. – Canada
- Stephane Jean, Creative Director, Bob – Canada
- Timothy Yip, COO, VP Client Services, Maple Diversity Communications – Canada
Entries in 20 major categories are judged against a stringent set of standards. During its blind judging (entering company names withheld) the Board of Judges search for and identify innovative and creative concepts, strong executions and user experience, and the ability to communicate and persuade. Winners were selected in a wide range of categories from print and broadcast to online advertising and social media.
This year’s SCA creative competition included companies from the following 21 countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, England, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Ireland, Malaysia, Martinique – French West Indies, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the United States.
The SIA organization was founded in 1994. Annually it conducts the Summit Creative Award, the Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award and the Summit Emerging Media Award.
Additional information about the Summit International Awards organization, see our profile, and view our winning submission, click here.