Lively, Yahoo and Keith Urban Team Up for Time Square - Mirrored Media

Posted by | September 06, 2013 | News | No Comments

Video Stream of Keith Urban “Fuse” Album Pre-Release Party

Lively also announces exclusive audio downloads of new music and Facebook contest to win “Fuse” concert tickets and autographed CD

SEATTLE – September 6, 2013 – Lively, a Seattle-based music startup that connects fans to their favorite artists by providing high-quality recordings of live performances, announced it has partnered with Yahoo’s “Ram Country Live!” for a Time Square New York video billboard stream of Keith Urban’s “Fuse” Album Pre-Release Party from Nashville on Friday, September 6. The concert will broadcast on the LED billboard at 46th and Broadway.

Days before the highly anticipated album “Fuse” hits stores fans can join the music star with a live, streaming performance of new music at 6 p.m. PST, 8 p.m. CST and 9 p.m. EST. The event will be streamed as part of Yahoo Music’s “Ram Country Live!” program ( The performance on “Ram Country Live!” marks Urban’s first ever live digital performance.

Immediately following the performance fans can preview Keith’s new album and within 24 hours Lively will have high quality audio of the live performance available for fans to listen to, exclusively via the free Lively app. Lively is available now on iOS, Android and Windows platforms. Fans are encouraged to download the app prior to the show so they can be notified when the songs are available.

“Lively offers music fans an opportunity to experience the thrill of live performance whether or not they’re able to attend a show in person,” said Lively founder and CEO Dean Graziano. “We’re excited to bring this new music to Keith Urban’s fans and to be leading the effort to create a new era of accessibility and fan engagement within the music industry.”

Urban’s “Fuse” Album Pre-Release Party concert tracks will be available for free download via the Lively app through Saturday, September 14. Additionally, fans of the Grammy Award winning artist and American Idol judge can enter to win two tickets to any upcoming Keith Urban “Light the Fuse” 2013 concert and an autographed copy of his “Fuse” CD at Lively’s Facebook page at Entries must be received by September 6.

Lively was founded on the principle that music fans want to relive moments from their favorite bands’ live shows. Using Lively’s free iOS, Android or Windows Phone app, fans can purchase and experience recorded live shows at the touch of a finger, giving artists a new source of revenue while letting them retain ownership of their own content.

Using the technology provided by Lively and audio manager software run on an iPad, artists that have signed Lively’s standard licensing agreement can easily plug into a venue’s audio booth to record and upload ready-to-purchase audio of live performances to Lively’s app. Users can purchase the audio recordings for $4.99 and both audio and video for $9.99. After the app stores take about 30 percent of revenue from each download, the remaining revenue is shared – 70 percent to the artist and 30 percent to Lively. In addition to revenue from downloads, artists are provided visibility into downloads through analytics and tracking data that they can apply to their own promotion and marketing efforts.

Lively Press Releases

  1. Live Music and Video Sales App Lively Closes $500,000 Seed Round

  2. Lively raises $500,000, looks to connect music fans with high-quality concert bootlegs

  3. Put Down Your Smartphones and Enjoy the Show

  4. Puttin’ on the Blitz

  5. Mirrored Media Press

  6. “Lively Captures the Live Concert Experience for Fans”



Lively News

  1. Music Startup Lively Raises $500,000 in Seed Funding

  2. Globe Fest line-up announced

  3. The Recording Academy Pacific Northwest Chapter Presents: The New Northwest Music Technologies Panel

  4. Mirrored Media News

  5. Bootlegs 2.0: Lively app allows you to take concert memories home for $9.99

  6. Seattle’s Lively Captures the Live Concert Experience for Fans

  7. Lively Launches Concert Recording & Sales App

  8. New App Lively Launches, Lets You Take The Concert Home!

  9. Stop filming and watch: Seattle startup films live concerts so you don’t have to